Popular Posts

27 July 2015

Rimmel Nude Lipstick Collection by Kate Moss // Review & Swatches



As a huge fan of the original Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks by Kate Moss, I was over the moon when I heard that she'd brought out five beautiful new shades. With Kylie Jenner's famous lips still very much being talked about, it was no wonder that the next collection of these lipsticks would be centred around that sought after nude lip.



There are 5 new shades that are aimed at specific skin tones to help you find your perfect shade that compliments your skin;

  • All Skin Types – 40, 43, 48
  • Neutral Skin Undertones – 40, 43
  • Warm Skin Undertones – 43
  • Cool Skin Undertones – 45
When choosing nude lipsticks, I always tend to go for the brown and mauve shades as I feel that they are way more flattering for my skin tone- peachy nudes are a bit of a no-go for me and when I swatched shades 40, 42 & 43 in my local Boots, they definitely didn't look like they would suit me at all. 
I consider myself to have Cool Undertones so I went for shade 45 (Rose Nude) which is a beautiful cool-toned blush pink. It's not too light and so doesn't wash me out, which can be the case with come pink lipsticks- it's a perfect every day shade. I also went for shade 48 (Dark Nude), a terracotta/red brown shade which is great for an every day vampy look. I love darker lipsticks as I feel that they're really flattering on me- I think it's because they balance out my face a bit because my eyebrows are so thick and dark!

Shade 45
Shade 48

The lipsticks have a satin finish and have a really nice feel to the lips- not tacky in the slightest and really light. With shade 45, I don't feel the need to build the colour up- for a lighter shade, it's quite pigmented. The darker shade (48) is very pigmented and you only need one coat and you're good to go! 

These are such great lipsticks for every day and are such good quality for the cheap price of £5.49 at Boots! Boots are currently doing a Buy One Get One Half Price offer on Rimmel products so I'd definitely recommend going out and grabbing some of these on offer while you can!

Lilia xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great review, thank you!
    I'm getting the shade 48! It looks STUNNING on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's such a great shade for winter! thanks so much! :)

      Delete